01 July 2009

My First Stupid List

Top 5 Sports Movies of all-time:

5. Victory!
Stallone, Michael Caine, Pele as POW's in a soccer match vs. the Nazi's...genius.

4. Bull Durham
Classic lines, still referenced frequently in sports and pop culture. And Susan Sarandon, oh Susan Sarandon.

3. Rocky IV
Ivan Drago is probably the single biggest badass on film. Also love the scenes of Rock training in the Siberia snow drifts.

2. Major League
I don't care what I'm doing, where I am, if Major League is on I'm watching it. Classic Beringer.

1. Chariots of Fire
I know it's old school but it's a great all around flick. Can't really argue with the Best Picture of 1982.


Honorable Mention:
Caddyshack
Breaking Away
Slapshot
Hoosiers
Step into the Liquid (Documentary)
Any Given Sunday
He Got Game

Totally Overrated:
Field of Dreams
Rudy
Seabiscuit
Ali
The Natural

1 comment:

  1. Ok Duder, good list. But I would move up Bull Durham and Breaking Away, for obvious reasons...

    ReplyDelete